I’m always looking for new tools to share with my clients. I just discovered a free email signature template generator that is really cool.
Free Email Signature Template
I saw a promotion on facebook for a tool to generate cool looking signatures from a company called WiseStamp. I really liked their signature generator, but I didn’t want to use the free version because it had their ad at the bottom, and I didn’t want to pay $6 a month for an email signature. So, I went looking for options.
I quickly found a free email signature template generator from HubSpot. The tool is super easy to use, and they provide you with directions on how to add it into Gmail, Outlook, Apple Mail, Yahoo Mail or any other email provider.
In order to get a copy of the signature, you do have to give them your contact info, but that is pretty much common practice to receive any “free” item in our online world.
Why Is Your Email Signature So Important?
I want you to think about your email signature text in a new way. Consider it as a FREE ad about your company that is included with every single message you send.
- Does it include all the right info including such basics as: name, title, company, address, phone, website, social media links?
- Does it look professional? Is the text easy to read? Make sure your formatting looks good on both a desktop/laptop view and on phones/tablets.
- Are you reminding people about what services you offer or what you do? It is easy to summarize this information and have it automatically included in every message.
- If you work for a company with more than one employee, are all the company email signatures consistent to help reinforce your brand? I often see strange adaptations of this info for people at the same company and it just makes me shake my head.
- If you reply to emails using your phone, please avoid any non-professional language in the email signature for this, as well. I doubt you will want to recreate your normal email signature for this application, but please refrain from creating something that detracts from your professionalism.
If you need inspiration, just go through your inbox and look at all the messages you receive and see what email signatures you like. Use them for inspiration to develop your own unique signature.
If you found this article helpful, please post a comment and share it on social media. Also, be sure to check out my other blog posts and connect with me on social media to help us stay in touch. Thank you!